Preparing for Tax Season
The Internal Revenue Service began accepting and processing 2022 tax year returns on Monday, January 23, 2023. We’ve compiled the below resources to make tax season as easy as possible!
Let’s Get Organized
Organizing your tax documents:
Organizing your tax records and documents makes preparing a complete and accurate tax return easier! It helps you avoid errors that lead to processing delays that slow your refund and may also help you find overlooked deductions or credits. Looking for a handy checklist of documents to gather before filing your taxes? Check out this checklist available from the IRS!
All Mechanics Cooperative Bank 1098/1099 Forms were mailed and postmarked by January 31, 2023. Lost or misplaced? Contact us 1-888-MECHANICS (632-4264) and request a duplicate!
Prepare for the financial year ahead:
Tax season is also a great time to plan for the year ahead! Check out our 2022 Year-End Financial Checklists for Consumers and Small Business Owners containing helpful hints and ideas to help you better plan for the financial year ahead!
Get Your Refund Faster with Direct Deposit
Now, more than ever, you need a reliable, fast, secure, contact-less way to receive your money. The best and fastest way to get your tax refund is to have it electronically deposited into your Mechanics Cooperative Bank checking account!
Direct deposit is easy to use. Just select it as your refund method through your tax software and type in the account number and routing number. Or, tell your tax preparer you want direct deposit.
Locating your Routing Number and Account Number:
This nine-digit number identifies Mechanics Cooperative Bank as your financial institution. The routing number for Mechanics Cooperative Bank is 211372048.
This set of numbers identifies your account at Mechanics Cooperative Bank. Locate your account number using one of the methods below:
- Checkbook: Your account number is the second set of numbers located on the bottom of your check/checkbook.
- Statements: If you have access to your paper statements, your account number will be listed in the top right corner.
- eStatement: If you are enrolled in eStatements, simply log into your Internet/Mobile Banking and select Statements from the left hand navigation. Your account number will be listed in the top right corner of your eStatement.
- Can’t find it? Visit your local branch and ask for an account card with your account number on it! Please note to protect you and your banking information, account numbers cannot be provided via telephone.
Tracking Your Refund
After you file, check the status of your refund by going to IRS.gov and using the Where’s My Refund? tool. The status of your refund will be available within 24 hours after the IRS accepts your e-filed tax return. The website tool updates once every 24 hours, usually overnight, so you only need to check once a day.
Please note Mechanics Cooperative Bank does not have access to the status or details of your specific tax refund. To find out the status of your refund, use the following resources:
- IRS.gov – Track your Federal return using the Where’s My Refund? tool
- Mass.gov – Track your Massachusetts State Return
- RI.gov – Track your Rhode Island State Return
When’s The Deadline to File?
For most taxpayers, the filing deadline to submit your 2022 tax returns or file an extension and pay tax owed is Tuesday, April 18, 2023. Visit IRS.gov for details on filing for an extension.
For more information regarding your account or specific banking information, contact us directly at 1-888-MECHANICS (632-4264) and a member of our team will be happy to assist you.
Mechanics Cooperative Bank and its affiliates do not provide tax, legal or accounting advice. The content provided here has been prepared for informational purposes only and is not intended to provide or be relied on for tax, legal or accounting advice. For more information on filing your taxes, you should consult your own tax, legal and/or accounting advisors before engaging in any transaction. For more information on filing your taxes, visit IRS.gov.